Last modified: January 18, 2021
RealChange LLC. (“RealChange”, “Company” or “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your (“user”, “you”, “visitor”, a person who views, downloads, or interacts with any RealChange Site) privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide (collectively, “Your Data”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information when you visit the website realchangereports.com and any affiliate sites including social media outlets (our “Site”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you visit our branded social media pages.
- When you use our services (the “Services”).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- RealChange offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by RealChange or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Terms not otherwise defined herein have the meaning set forth in the Company’s Terms of Service found at https://realchangereports.com/termsandconditions
RealChange provides Services to individuals as well as to legal entities. RealChange may be Data Processor or Data Controller and Data Processor simultaneously. If RealChange is a Data Processor it processes the personal data in accordance with the Data Processing Agreement.
- Authorized Users of the Site
This Site is offered and available to users subject to the Company’s Terms of Service, https://realchangereports.com/termsandconditions, who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information: by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- When you contact us, chat live with us, join our marketing lists or send us feedback.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, local storage, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
- Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site and information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Your User Contributions may be accessible by the general public and are being disclosed at your own risk.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account if applicable, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile if applicable.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
The following are examples of how we may use Your Data:
- Securing the Service. To ensure your safety and continued enjoyment of our Site, we may process Your Data to monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, verify identity or access, and combat malware or security risks or spam and malicious activities or security risks; and improve and enforce our security measures.
- Monitor and facilitate the use of the Services. We may use Your Data to provide you with services, to facilitate your use of said services (such as facilitating navigation and the login process, preserving information between sessions and enhancing security), to improve quality, to evaluate page response rates and personalize content.
- Respond to User Requests. Your Data might be used when you contact us, such as with questions, feedback, incidents, disputes or issues, to respond to your request or provide the information that you requested. This information may be shared with third parties upon your request, or our service providers or partners to the extent necessary to facilitate the Interactions or the use of our Services. Without Your Data, we cannot ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the website or respond to you.
- Maintain the accuracy of our records. Your Data may be used when we receive data or information from you or third parties to better understand you and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we have about you.
- Marketing and ads: We may use Your Data to provide you with marketing and promotional communications, for targeted ads delivery and for delivering relevant advertising and marketing to you, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, to better understand you and your preferences, and to position and promote our Services.
- We may use Your Data to post your testimonials on our website. We will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial before posting it. At any time, you can request your testimonial be updated or deleted by sending a request with your name, testimonial location and contact information.
- Quality Control. We may use or access Your Data for the purposes of quality control related to the website and/or staff training.
- RealChange and its partners may use Your Data to communicate with you about our conferences, events or our partners’ events. We may contact you after such events about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with our partners, where legally permitted to do so. If a partner or sponsor directly requests Your Data at their conference booths or presentations, Your Data will be handled in accordance with their privacy practices. We recommend that you review the privacy practices of such partners and sponsors.
- Other Business Purposes. Purposes such as protecting our confidential and proprietary information may require the use of Your Data.
- Disclosure of Your Information
Do not submit your information if you do not want it collected, used and disclosed.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service, https://realchangereports.com/termsandconditionsor terms of sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Do not submit your information to us if you do not want it collected, used and disclosed.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, do not submit your information.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or any other opt-out method we provide to you or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User Contributions, is governed by our terms of service found at https://realchangereports.com/termsandconditions
- Data Security and Retention
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We may retain and use Your Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or resolve disputes. We will try to delete Your Data within the time limits imposed by applicable law, if any upon request. If we have no justifiable business need to process Your Data, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible, for example, in case Your Data has been stored in backup archives, then we will securely store Your Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Retention requirements can vary by country, so we generally apply the retention periods noted below:
- We retain any information collected via cookies, such as Web Behavior Data, including but not limited to clear gifs, flash cookies, webpage counters and other technical or analytics tools up to one year from expiry of the cookie or the date of collection. Your Data used for marketing purposes is stored indefinitely until you unsubscribe. Once you are unsubscribed from marketing communications, we add your contact information to our suppression list to ensure we respect your unsubscribe request. As required by applicable law, we will inform you that a call will be recorded if it is, and any telephone calls with you may be kept for a period of up to six years.
If you sign up to receive promotional information, marketing offers, or announcements from us, the emails that you will receive will include the capability to opt-out through a link. Transactional and billing communications are not considered “marketing” or “informational” communications.
- Maine Privacy Rights
The new law, An Act To Protect the Privacy of Online Customer Information(LD 946, to be codified at 35-A M.R.S. c. 94), prohibits ISPs from using, disclosing, selling, or permitting access to the vast majority of the information generated by a customer’s use of internet service. The Act protects a customer’s web browsing history, application usage history, precise geolocation information, device identifiers, the origin and destination internet protocol addresses, personal identifying information, and the content of a customer’s communications. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Contact Information